What Are The Benefits of Stair Climbers and Steppers?
Steppers and stair climbers are core pieces of gym equipment found in most gyms and fitness centres nowadays. They offer another way to build core strength and cardio fitness. A lot of people go to the gym in order to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight. However, you need to do a lot of exercise to lose weight in a gym. In fact, current thinking is that you need to burn more than 3,500 calories to lose just a pound. With that in mind, are stair climbers really going to help you lose weight? What are the benefits of using stair climbers?
- Exercising on a stair climber can burn more calories at slower speeds than almost all other forms of exercise. A workout on a stair climber is engaging all the major muscle groups in the glutes, thighs and hamstrings which need a lot of energy to perform.
- They strengthen the core because you need to keep upright as you perform the exercise.
- Using stair climbers regularly can cut your risk of death from heart disease. A study showed that when 12 sedentary women were asked to climb a 200-step staircase, progressing from once a day to six times a day, over 2 months they reduced their cholesterol levels and increased their fitness and so cut their risk of heart disease by 33%.
- Stair climbers and steppers put less strain on your joints as you are not continually pounding them as you would on a treadmill or by running outside on the streets.
- Stair climbers usually cost less than treadmills (on our site anyway) so losing pounds on a stair climber can also mean saving pounds of money!
- They provide visitors to gyms with a different type of workout and by doing so vary the type and intensity of exercise available at the gym.
Stair climbers are just one type of cardio machine in an arsenal of many but their benefits are attractive to many gym goers and gym owners. Whether it is for fat burning, core strength or fitness, stair climbers should be considered as integral part of any gym workout.
Pinnacle Fitness is a leading supplier of second hand exercise machines. Each machine is rigorously checked and refurbished and sold to gyms and private individuals.